Profile
Profile
Photos
Map
Reviews
Related Listing
  • Godley, Texas was established in 1886 and named after R. B. Godley, a Cleburne lumber merchant who donated an eight-acre tract for a townsite and twenty acres of land as a right-of-way to the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway. A railway station was constructed in 1886 and by 1888, when the post office opened, Godley had a gristmill, three cotton gins, and two dairy-processing plants. Four years later it had two general stores.

    By the mid-1920s the population of Godley was 613. In 1930 it was 378, with twenty-two rated businesses operated locally. In the 1940s the town had a population of 317 and twenty businesses. By 1956 it had a population of 424 and sixteen businesses, and by 1990 it had 569 people and twelve businesses. As of 2006, the population is 997.

    Godley, Texas is located in Johnson County, on State Highway 171, Farm roads 2331 and 917, and on the tracks of the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad nine miles northwest of Cleburne in northwestern Johnson County.

  • No Records Found

    Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.

    Google Map Not Loaded

    Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.

  • Leave a Review